Article delegate-en/2851 of [1-5107] on the server localhost:119
search
[Reference:<_A12705@delegate.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] DeleGate/8.11.1 -- fixed I/O timeout, virtual host & transparent proxy, coped with non-C99
15 Mar 2005 22:49:51 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Dear DeleGate users,

I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows:
 DeleGate/8.11.1 -- fixed I/O timeout, virtual host & transparent proxy, coped with non-C99 preprocessors

 This version fixes several bugs and copes with non-C99 compliant compilers.

A bug which has been from the beginning of DeleGate is timeout of connect/
read/write on TCP connection.  The timeout is implemented with SIGALRM
signal, and the signal is masked in the signal handling function, but the
mask is not cleared (i.e. not restored as in setjmp()) if the signal handler
returns with longjump() on non-BSD OS family.  Thus the second and after
SIGALRM is disabled to make timeout disabled.  So pairs of setjmp/longjmp
is replaced with sigsetjmp/siglongjmp.

To disable string buffer overflows, DeleGate after 8.10.3 have come to
require to be compiled with C99 compliant preprocessor which supports macros
with variable number of arguments.  But since it was revealed that there
are many non-C99 compilers alive, this version was modified to expand
such macros by self before C preprocessing.

  SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/
  FILE: delegate8.11.1.tar.{gz,bz2}
  DATE: Mar 16 04:24 JST 2005
  TAR-SIZE: 4792320 bytes
  TAR-MD5:  f7c917e8353340a84db45f26918d8598
  PUBLIC-KEY: http://www.delegate.org/rsa-pubkey.pem
  TAR-MD5-SIGN:
    WMgapZ3LXrEbdKlHxXke/wdApZuKy1dACOOFc+2J71ZNBumP1ziYd/k476iosAq2y0esqEJ2
    fg6pOy90bcSlJ9Se4Ppq7/WrFezBmBdFHI+kg0TUDUdh7+ll/QDbuZJreslScUeSnlfY+FX9
    7bgFK7bzy1RHn8ueiGFO7vop/5A=

[NEW]
 + make: coped with non-C99 complient preprocessors
[CHANGE]
[FIX]
 + general: fixed repetitive TIMEOUT by SIGALRM for TCP connection
 + general: fixed repetitive TIMEOUT for general I/O on non-BSD Unix family
 + FTP: coped with non-PASS server by "CWD //server"
 + FTP: fixed truncation of large status response message
 + HTTP: fixed the ability to work as "transparent proxy" (8.9.6)
 + HTTP: fixed forwarding to self virtual host if MOUNTed (8.9.6)
 + HTTP: fixed bad chunked and putting Content-Length:0 for empty .txt
 + make: porting for old Gccs and VC++

Cheers,
Yutaka
--